I really like those recipes where the chicken and its accompaniment cook together in the flat. Not only is it easy to prepare for the cook, but the flavors and fragrances mix for our greatest pleasure. Perfect for a Sunday chicken (or Monday 🙂 no?
For 6 persons :
- 1 chicken farmer red label St Sever
- 1 kg of tomatoes cocktail in bunches
- 2 teaspoons of tarragon leaves
- 100 g thin slices of smoked bacon (7 slices)
- 10 black olives (I chose black olives from Kalamata that I brought back from Greece)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of organic balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Wash the grape tomatoes. Rinse the tarragon leaves and chop them In a bowl, mix salt, pepper, add the balsamic vinegar and olive oil, emulsifying slightly. Also add 1 teaspoon of chopped tarragon and mix.
Place the chicken in the baking dish. Spread the grape tomatoes around it. Put 2 thin slices of smoked bacon in the cavity of the chicken and spread the others in the dish. Add 10 black olives and finish by basting with the sauce prepared beforehand (chicken included).
Bake cold and cook for 50 minutes at 190°C rotating heat.
Just before serving, sprinkle with the second teaspoon of chopped tarragon. A delight.