Are you planning to make a roast lamb, a leg of lamb, a shoulder of lamb in the oven? Here are some tips and cooking times.
Tips for a tender and juicy lamb meat :
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator well before cooking it.
- Brush it lightly with fat before placing it in a well preheated oven to obtain a nice caramelized crust.
- Let it rest for a few minutes in aluminum foil before cutting. This will allow the meat to relax. It will be more uniformly pink and tender.
Cooking time of the lamb in the oven . It will take for a meat :
- Dew: 10 to 15 minutes cooking time per pound.
- Medium: 15 to 20 minutes cooking time per pound.
- Well done: 20 to 25 minutes cooking time per pound.
Lamb meat should be served as hot as possible: it is recommended to heat the serving dish and plates.
By clicking here, you will discover all my recipes with lamb.