We know the dunesThis adorable little sweet that we eat on summer days on the banks of the Bassin d’Arcachon. The Chef Philippe Andrieu delivers its own interpretation of it: the Dunes of Louise. A creator at heart, he takes the structure of the cake (a cabbage filled with a cream Madame à saovir, a mixture of custard and whipped cream to lighten it) and offers five versions of his own for gourmets.
- Dune de Louise with vanilla and orange blossom water A cabbage in which one bites into and which lets discover a light and airy cream like a cloud, perfumed with vanilla and orange blossom water. Big grains of sugar enhance this little cabbage and makes us fall back in childhood when we bite into a sugar brioche.
- Chocolate Louise Dune A cabbage for lovers of true chocolate taste: a dark chocolate madame cream with 65% cocoa, neither too bitter nor too sweet. It is then sprinkled with homemade cocoa powder. A dune to melt with pleasure!
- Dune of Louise with rose and raspberry A cabbage for those who love discovery. A little oriental taste brought by the rose, the acidity of the raspberry, the whole generously covered with rosy macaroon powder. A surprise hides in each of these dunes…
- Dune of Louise with pistachio nuts : A cabbage for pistachio afficionados. Here, the main ingredient is a raw pistachio paste that gives the real taste of natural pistachio in the mouth.
- Dune of Louise with caramel A dry-cooked caramel to give the characteristic bitterness of traditional sugar cooking. A hint of fleur de sel enhances the cream and gives it all its depth. On the top of the cabbage, we find vergeoise, this brown sugar with a particular taste used in the North and in Belgium.
- For the Christmas holidays, prepare yourself for another exceptional surprise with marrons glacés ! I had the chance to taste it, it is to fall on the floor so much it is good.
The dunes of Louise with vanilla and orange blossom water, chocolate and caramel are available at the price of 0.90€ each, 10€ for 12 pieces for the gourmands. Louise dunes with pistachio and dunes with rose and raspberry are sold at 1€ each.
The addresses :
- Douceurs de Louise in Bordeaux – 10 place des Grands Hommes, 33000 Bordeaux, 05 56 64 75 47
- Douceurs de Louise à Léognan – 17, cours du Maréchal Leclerc, 33850 Léognan, 05 56 64 75 47
- Douceurs de Louise in Arcachon – 21 avenue Gambetta, 33120 Arcachon, 05 47 44 12 13